Counselling through Work
About Our Organisation
Sheffield Central Counselling has been making positive change in people’s lives since 2008. We’re a team of six qualified, professional counsellors and members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Our practitioners are experienced in counselling services for employees and in dealing with workplace issues. We know that counselling can play a significant role in improving wellbeing at work, productivity, morale and motivation.
We have been a trusted partner to the Employee Assistance and Occupational Health Programmes for over seven years, providing counselling services to range of large and small corporate organisations through HELP EAP, Health Assured, BUPA, Lifeworks and CiC. We are experienced in providing time-limited counselling to funded clients.
We work in partnership with you to deliver counselling and training that’s right for your organisation, employees, clients or service-users. Here’s why corporate organisations and their employees choose Sheffield Central Counselling:
• We’re easy to reach: conveniently based in the city centre.
• We have a straightforward system: a direct phone number to one named contact who can arrange counselling appointments.
• We’re responsive: a first appointment will be available in one to two weeks of contacting us.
• We’re flexible: appointments can be arranged around the working day e.g. daytime, evening and lunchtime, Monday to Saturday
• We’re affordable: a professional private practice that doesn’t cost the earth
• We’re person centred: our integrative approach draws on different techniques according to what’s right for the client.
• We operate best practice: reporting to meet your needs and our professional requirements for confidentiality and record keeping.
We offer individual counselling and psychotherapy, and counselling for couples on diverse work-related and personal issues. Our areas of corporate and workplace expertise include but are not limited to:
Low self esteem
Loss of intimacy
Infidelity/loss of trust
The impact of trauma, accident or illness
Breakdown of communication
Considering separation or divorce
All our counsellors are members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), and are either accredited, or working towards accreditation with that professional body. We follow the BACP code of ethics and are regulated by their processes if a complaint is made against us.
We are fully committed to working with different minority groups. We work to the professional requirements of the BACP ethical framework in keeping up to date with the latest diversity training, thinking and awareness. We are passionate about welcoming and working with people of all genders, cultures and religions. Our premises are accessible to those with disabilities.
We operate an associate counsellor scheme, working with our trusted associates who are all BACP registered and work to our own high standards. Our flexible and responsive business model allows us to increase our capacity for new and ending contracts.
All our counsellors have professional liability insurance. We are used to increasing our level of cover when partner organisations have required this. We would expect to increase cover as necessary to meet our corporate clients’ needs.